Please help a beginner follow the Plone 5 training

I'm trying to follow along to the Mastering Plone 5 training site here: Mastering Plone 5 Development — Plone Training 2023 documentation

Under the heading "8. The Features of Plone" I'm running into some problems.

First of all, it says to start and stop Plone using the "./bin/instance fg" command. When I look at my install, there is no instance script. I start my Plone instance using the "./bin/plonectl start" command.

Under exercises, Exercies 1 says to look at the instance script. Again, I don't have that script. I looked all over in the bin folder and can't find it.

Under Exercise 2 it says " Knowing that bin/instance debug basically offers you a Python prompt, how would you start to explore Plone?"

Since I don't have the 'bin/instance' script, how do I access this debug Python prompt? I think it might be helpful to follow along this tutorial.

I am using Plone 5, and this training says it's for Plone 5, so I don't understand the discrepancy. Please help, thanks!

You can also start plone in foreground mode with ./bin/plonectl fg, though I'm not sure if there's a difference.
What happens when you try to run ./bin/instance fg?

dcplebranch via Plone Community wrote at 2023-5-10 20:46 +0000:

I'm trying to follow along to the Mastering Plone 5 training site here: Mastering Plone 5 development — Plone Training 2023 documentation
First of all, it says to start and stop Plone using the "./bin/instance fg" command. When I look at my install, there is no instance script. I start my Plone instance using the "./bin/plonectl start" command.

Plone has several setup options.
The main options are:

1. at most a single Plone process can use the ZODB (at any given time)
  2. serveral Plone processes can use the ZODB; for this option,
    Plone does not access the ZODB directly but indirectly via the
    ZEO (= "Zope Entrise Objects") server.

For the first option, the elementary control script is
bin/instance, for the second option, you have instead
bin/client1 (or maybe bin/client2, bin/client3, ...).

Apparently, the beginner tutorial assumes the first Plone setup
option (because it is significantly simpler than the second one)
while you have used the second option when installing Pline.

Under exercises, Exercies 1 says to look at the instance script. Again, I don't have that script. I looked all over in the bin folder and can't find it.

Look for bin/client1 instead of bin/instance.