My Progress with Plone and GSoC

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share my progress with Plone and my interest in participating in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) this year.

So far, I've cloned Plone's frontend repository and set up the backend using Docker. I've also run Plone in my localhost, which has been a great learning experience. I'm excited about the project and eager to contribute to the community in any way I can.

I'd love to collaborate with the community to tackle challenging problems and make meaningful contributions to the Plone project. If anyone has any guidance or suggestions for how I can get involved, I'd be happy to hear them.
I am intrested in "Refactor class components to functional components" and " Improve drag & drop support in the blocks engine" Projects.
Thanks for your time, and I look forward to working with you all!

Hey @Vansh-31

Welcome to the world of Open-Source.
Welcome to the Plone Community.

Here are tips to start your journey in Plone

Start with the Training Documentation which is the documentation giving a clear idea of what is Plone and its functionality, and you can sign the Agreement in order to start your contribution journey towards Plone Foundation

1 Like

Yes Sir, I am currently going through the plone's training documentation and very excited to work with plone. And I about the Agreement I was about to sign the agreement earlier but there was a section about "Which files you are planning to change?" so I though when I'll make any PR then I'll write about the files I have changed or do I have to write something else? like I'm looking for the projects "Refactor class components to functional components" and " Improve drag & drop support in the blocks engine" so should I write volto there?

Just write plone in there

1 Like

Okay Sir, Thanks!