My Plone interface has gone wacky

Hi, the UI of my Plone 5.0.2 site has gone wacky. It was working for months, now the fly-outs don't work, it goes to a Plone page. This appears to apply to all flyouts, not just the one example below. Also, when pressing the top of the l/h plone panel, it is supposed to shrink in width. This also no longer happens

The site has been working for months. It is my test site, but I haven't made any changes since it worked (yesterday)

this shows what happens when I press my user name. thanks for any help

This is usually caused by a Javascript error on the page. Check your browser's Inspector to see what JS errors might be happening on the page.

@cdw9 thanks. I've tried accessing from two computers and one phone using total of 3 different browsers. Same thing. I did look in the FF java manager, looking for errors. Couldn't see any, but I know next to nothing about that stuff

Also, switched themes between standard Plone 5 Barcelona theme and the Quinta Sun/Rain theme. Same issue.

Is there anything I could have done to a confguration that might have messed up the site?

The theme switching is suspect. plone.app.theming keeps a thread local cache that is initialized once per thread, on first load for that thread after a restart. Please try to restart and then do a shift-reload to clear your browser cache for good measure.

To be clear: the theme switching was done manually by me. not magically. It isn't part of the issue

I did a site restart and still have the same issue.

Any other ideas?

@rileydog Try copying your themes content from control panel and from then Plone homepage try 'Create a new Plone site' option. Check if same issue persists here also.

@rileydog, is the site available publicly anywhere? It's nearly certain that this is a javascript problem that is preventing the normal drop-downs from getting set up properly. It would be possible for a more experienced person to help debug if we could see this live.

If you look in the browser console what errors are shown?

Hi Kim, good idea. Here is the error from my degugger in FF. Note, this same error displays each time"
Note: it talks about "mockup" I know there is a mockup for Plone but I am not using it (not sure if this is what it is referring to).

Usage of the mockup-patterns-base pattern is deprecated and it will eventually be removed.Instead, use pat-base and explicitly set parser to 'mockup' when calling extend. plone-compiled.min.js:2:4340
patterns.Patternslib Base: This pattern without a name attribute will not be registered! plone-compiled.min.js:1:17438
Usage of the mockup-patterns-base pattern is deprecated and it will eventually be removed.Instead, use pat-base and explicitly set parser to 'mockup' when calling extend. plone-compiled.min.js:2:4340
ReferenceError: portal_url is not defined

plone-legacy-compiled.js:24
m.Callbacks/j()
jquery.min.js:2
m.Callbacks/k.fireWith()
.ready()
J()
plone-legacy-compiled.js:24:47

Hi @cewing : good idea, should have don that: