My Journey to Contributing to the Plone Community through Google Summer of Code

Hi everyone!
My name is Chaitanya, and I'm excited to share that I'm planning to participate in Google Summer of Code with the Plone community this year. As a student, I'm eager to gain real-world experience and contribute to an open source project that has a positive impact on users around the world. In this blog post, I'll share a bit about my background and why I'm interested in Plone.
Background:
I'm currently a BTECH student at ANITS, and I've been interested in programming and software development for several years.. However, I'm excited to take my skills to the next level and work on a larger project with more experienced developers.

Why Plone:
I'm particularly drawn to Plone because of its reputation for stability, security, and flexibility. I appreciate the emphasis on accessibility and internationalization, which ensures that Plone can be used by people from all over the world. Additionally, Plone's use of open standards and interoperability make it a great choice for organizations that need to integrate with other systems. I believe that Plone has a strong community and am excited to be a part of it.

I'm open to feedback and suggestions from the Plone community and would love to collaborate with other developers on these ideas.

Thank You,
Chaitanya

1 Like