Mrbob: error: Configuration Error: Template directory does not exist?

I'm trying to work with Plone 5 and am trying to learn how to use bobtemplates. Unfortunately, although I am attempting to follow instructions and I'm getting a Template directory does not exist.

This is what I am trying to follow:

https://docs.plone.org/develop/addons/bobtemplates.plone/docs/

However, in my buildout, instead of creatiing the [mrbob] section, I just add the mr.bob and bobtemplates.plone directly to eggs:

eggs =
Plone
Pillow
mr.bob
bobtemplates.plone

The Plone directory is called PloneSites.
I have a Plone Site given the name 'PloneA'.

In my src directory under a PloneA, I attempt:

../bin/mrbob -O my.product bobtemplates:plone_addon

But this is the error I am getting:

patrick@patrick-virtual-machine:~/PloneSites/PloneA/src$ sudo ../bin/mrbob -O my.product bobtemplates:plone_addon
usage: mrbob [-h] [-O TARGET_DIRECTORY] [-v] [-c CONFIG] [-V] [-l] [-w] [-n]
         [-q]
         [template]
mrbob: error: ConfigurationError: Template directory does not exist: /home/patrick/PloneSites/buildout-cache/eggs/bobtemplates.plone-3.3.0-py2.7.egg/bobtemplates/plone_addon

But I when I open the file browser, I can go to where its attempting to access I believe?:

/home/patrick/PloneSites/buildout-cache/eggs/bobtemplates.plone-3.3.0-py2.7.egg/bobtemplates/plone/addon

What am I doing wrong?

The OS I am using is Lubuntu.

The documentation you are reading on docs.plone.org might be a bit out of date because bobtemplates.plone has had a major change this year. If you check the documentation on pypi for the version 3.3.0 you are using at https://pypi.org/project/bobtemplates.plone/ there is now an extra ".plone" namespace needed. The example listed there is:

mrbob bobtemplates.plone:addon -O src/collective.foo
2 Likes

Thank you! This works perfectly. I'll try to keep up with the documentation from now on.

1 Like

@Kirtap we just released new versions of plonecli and bobtemplates.plone yesterday.
It adds new templates for views and viewlets and improves the existing template a lot.
Also you might want to use plonecli instead of using bobtemplates.plone directly.
This gives you a nices user interface with autocompletion.

1 Like