Mosaic or collective.cover?

I'm in the process of setting up a new site, based on Plone 5.
The idea is to have a index site like:

The 'content' of these 'boxes' will change from time to time, but not very often.

I played with mosaic and with cover, and was able to have something like this with both add-ons.

Question:
Which one of the both is better suited for those a use case ?

Thanks !

I think both addons can be used for the case. That doesn't matter. For Plone5 i would use Mosaic.

1 Like

these add-ons are different; collective.cover is a content type to create landing/composite pages; Mosaic is (or was) a layout solution for Plone (some people will argue it can walk over the water, but that's a matter of faith).

I would say use Mosaic:

• collective.cover is still not fully compatible with Plone 5; it kind of runs, but there are still some broken features and keeping with the updates will be painful until I learn how to deal with the static resources
  • your use case seem to be layout-oriented; collective.cover works better when you have a landing page that needs to be updated dozens of times per day

good luck!

1 Like

We use mosaic for a similar usecase on your PretaGov.co.uk site. With a few teething problems it seems to work well.

Great slogan for marketing! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks all !

I'll will go with mosaic then.

2 Likes

you know what's the difference among marketing people, sales people and engineering people?

• marketing people are the ones who tell the customer lies, but they know they are lies
  • sales people are the ones who tell the customer lies, but they don't know they are lies
  • engineering people are the ones who, in the end, will have to put those lies at work

yes, it's all about marketing… and you can blame @tkimnguyen for it.

/me ducks

3 Likes

I have made medialog.iconpicker for exactly this use case.
Check it out of github/espenmn for the mosaic tile

@hvelarde your cite ate up my emoticon :.(

1 Like