Modernize Data Fetching API

Hello everyone,
I am looking into the Modernize Data Fetching API project for Gsoc'23 and it would be helpful if someone can explain the issue with a bit more detail and provide some usefule reference links to prepare for the same
Also is the project about the plone.restapi-client repo?

Hello @Devaansh-Kumar, even I'm interested in the Modernize Data Fetching API project.

For starters you should go through the Plone Training and setup Volto locally .
And yeah I think plone.restapi-client is the repository going to be implemented in this project. (mentors could confirm)

Also, @sneridagh can you please share some more references helpful for this project, thank you.

Thanks for the help brother. Also if plone.restapi-client is the repository going to be implemented then it would be helpful if the mentors open up some issues on the repo. @sneridagh

Well I'm not sure about that, since this is a possible GSoC project for this summer, they might wanna hold on to contributing to that repository for now.

@Devaansh-Kumar this project is a candidate for this year's GSOC, but please stick to the instructions in:

It has to do with this PLIP: Modernize Data Fetching API - `@plone/client` · Issue #4347 · plone/volto · GitHub

Further explanations and references will be given when the projects are granted and assigned.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am also interested in contributing to this issue for GSOC and @sneridagh thank you for the links I will go through them one by one.