Mockup upload pattern progress bar (show % or not?)

Wanting some opinions on Mockup's upload pattern and its use of progress bar:

I am fixing some LESS/CSS omissions in the widgets bundle, namely that the upload pattern used in TinyMCE (via Mockup 2 master/HEAD in plone.app.widgets 1.x on Plone 4) does not show the progress bar as intended, because the progress bar LESS is not imported. I am fixing this now in a fork of mockup master. My subsequent problem after fixing:

Bootstrap's progress bar implementation allows you to place an span.sr-only element inside the markup for the bar to hide the percentage text and merely show graphic representation of progress.

Choices we could make:

(1) Hide dummy text by adding: .sr-only {display:none;}

(2) Remove span.sr-only from the upload.xml template in the pattern and just show the percentage text on the bar.

While I am doing this for Plone 4, whatever I would do here should be applicable to Plone 4 and Plone 5.

Soliciting your views on the UX implications of showing vs. hiding the percentage text? The progress bar is a bit of a fib in some cases in that it does not and cannot take into consideration time to commit a transaction after the upload is sent to the server, so it can appear to get to 100% quickly then wait a bit. I am not sure this nit is relevant to whether or not to show progress percentage text in the upload pattern.

@vangheem @thet -- any thoughts on this?

Sean

Also, what are accessibility implications of this. I don't see the point in having a screen-reader accessible label that is not updated, only containing boilerplate text?

lots of UIs get to 100% and pause. It's not the worse thing in the world and in a slow connection with lots of files it shows you something. The other alternative is make the upload 90% and save 10% for the transaction