Migration of a site from plone 4.1.3 to plone 5.1.5

Hello community,

I'm facing a migration problem from a plone site created under plone 4.1.3 to the plone 5.1.5 server, all under Windows 10.

What is the best way to do this?

1. If I try to update plone from 4.1.3 to plone 5.1.5 using the file buildout.cfg and in particular the explanations in the section « Plone Component Versions »

My question is :

If the migration (the update from the plone server from 4.1.3 to plone 5.1.5) is carried out, will the version of python (2.6 under plone 4.1.3) pass to python 2.7, for example? 16 (the version installed on my computer)?

Furthermore, after the migration, can we easily access the ZMI to finalize the migration operations of the plone site?

Thank you in advance for your help.

The answer is: backup your data and try it out (yourself).

A Plone migration can go easily or cause trouble...all depends on various factors. There is no rule of thumb. Running a standard Plone migration without any add-ons should work easily. With add-ons: add-ons likely need some adjustments for Plone 5. Archetypes with Plone 5.2 is unavailable with Python 3. Python 2.7 is no longer supported by the Python community..so time to move to Plone 5.2 and Python in the mid-term.

Thank you for these details which have been very useful to me.
Thank again.