Here is a list of things that is broken or not working in TinyMCE shipped with Plone 5.2:
- BUG: a table can be visually resized but the width is always reset to 100%
- BUG: cell width and height can be visually changed but width/height are always reset to their default
- BUG: "Table properties" basically dysfunctional (e.g. setting a border has no effect)
- USABILITY: 4 fours way to set text to bold/italic: toolbar, formats dropdown in toolbar, format menu, format -> formats-> inline menu
- BUG: almost all styles from format dropdown/menu are not persisted
- BUG: left|right|center|justify from toolbar visually working but not saved
- BUG: indent|outdent from toolbar visually working but not saved
- "Visual aids" not working
- BUG: inserting "horizontal line" not working
- insert media: you can not change the size of an inserted video other through editing the HTML source code
The issues affect the most basic functionality of TinyMCE. Obvious bugs and misbehavior that affects every content editor working with Plone. The current situation is a disgrace for any content editor (not mentioning (again) that we advertise Plone as "enterprise CMS" but ship it completely messy editor).
There is an urgent need for everyone for having the issues (marked as BUG) fixed in Plone 5.2 asap.
There is certainly a budget for fixing things in one of our current customer projects and there is perhaps some budget in your customer project.
I would like coordinate the work to be done here and asking for
- a dev that has the knowledge and insight for fixing the issues marked as BUG
- financial support from other Plone solution providers for getting TinyMCE fixed for our your and our customers and all Plone users