Issues after upgrading to Plone 4.3.10


I have several issues after upgrading Plone 4.3.7 to Plone 4.3.10. When I edit the categories of a page, the tags in the field where they can be selected from disappear the moment I scroll down in this field ore select a tag.

When I edit a text in TinyMCE and I want to select a style in TinyMCE the text field changes directly in html-style and all the TinyMCE options are gone. I Have to reload the page to get the richfield and TinyMCE back. This also happens when adding a hyperlink.

Also published text on the site can not be selected, as a logged in user. When a logged in user selects text with the cursor of the mouse the screen in the frame of the browser moves with the movement of the cursor, like a second layer.

I also get “error-while rendering plone.contentactions” on topic lists (http// I do not find any (relevant) error in the logs-files ore in the console when running the instance in developmentmode (fg), there are also no error in portal_javascripts.

Have already tried to solve this with installing a new Plone site and export/import, but that does not help.

What can this be?


These look like a problem with some JavaScripts. Have you looked in the browser's console for JavaScript errors?

Hi Dieter,

I have now looked in the browser's console for JavaScript errors. I have put portal_javascripts in development mode and opened the browser's console. I am not sure where to look for but this is a repeating message that looks like an error:

A promise chain failed to handle a rejection. Did you forget to '.catch', or did you forget to 'return'?
See Sqlite.jsm:816:0

Date: Tue Aug 30 2016 10:26:27 GMT+0200 (CEST)
Full Message: Error: Error(s) encountered during statement execution: database disk image is malformed
Full Stack: ConnectionData.prototype<._executeStatement/pending<.handleCompletion@resource://gre/modules/Sqlite.jsm:816:25

This is also an error, but it looks like it only warns for not using https

1472546030915 addons.productaddons ERROR Request failed certificate checks: [Exception... "SSL is required and URI scheme is not https." nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/CertUtils.jsm :: checkCert :: line 145" data: no]

And this is an error that revers to the SSL as well

1472546030915 Toolkit.GMP ERROR GMPInstallManager.simpleCheckAndInstall Could not check for addons: [Exception... "SSL is required and URI scheme is not https." nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/CertUtils.jsm :: checkCert :: line 145" data: no] Stack trace: checkCert()@resource://gre/modules/CertUtils.jsm:145 < downloadXML/</success()@resource://gre/modules/addons/ProductAddonChecker.jsm:113

The first error looks the most serious to me, but I have no idea what it tells me.


I must admit that I do not know Plone's JavaScript code in detail. I am surprised that it should use "Sqlite" (i.e. a database). I would clear the browser console, then reproduce the easiest or your error observations and check again the errors in the console. This way, you should only see errors caused be your reproduction.

what about:

  1. install a new phone site on the same Zope
  2. see if this works
  3. If it does, compare /portal_javascript
  4. Maybe run the tinymce upgrade step or install steps in /portal_setup
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Have done everything, install a new Plone site on the same Zope, checked and double checked the errors in the console. etc etc and nothing worked. So I went back to the site I upgraded from, copy/past the new content in the old site. Working my way around I think I found the evildoer.

Think that the problems are caused by remains of products that were deleted from the instance, before upgrading. Like eea.sparql and maybe other eea products. That is why JavaScript code wants "Sqlite" (I think).