Issue with WebServerAuth Add-on

Created issue in GitHub Repo regarding the issue. (I am not allowed to add links here): /collective/Products.WebServerAuth/issues/1

WebServerAuth not installing properly:

Plone installed with:

Plone 5.2.0
Python 3.6.8

webserverauth installs and creates folder in portal_skins but does not contain the login_form Filesystem Controller Page Template

web_server_auth (WebServerAuth Plugin) does not appear in acl_users after Add-on activation/install

Any assistance and/or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!
Joshua

Hello Joshua, welcome to the online community website. This Plone add'on doesn't seem to have been updated in the last years and there is a very good chance it hasn't been checked or updated yet for Python3.

My colleague @mauritsvanrees presented three different PAS authentication plugins he has written for customers in the last year. One of them is I think a good substitution for WebServerAuth. Check his blog and the repo:

https://maurits.vanrees.org/weblog/archive/2019/10/maurits-van-rees-3-authentication-add-ons

Cheers,

Fred

1 Like

Pas plugins don't change so often, and last modification was about Plone 5. My bet is the setup don't run, maybe running the profile by hand in portal_quickinstaller should work.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding pas.plugins.headers :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I am receiving an error, "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Globals''' in regards to pas.plugins.headers when starting the instance in foreground mode after running buildout. Researching the error now to see if I can get around it.

https://docs.plone.org/manage/upgrading/version_specific_migration/upgrade_to_52.html#zope-4-0

The deprecated module `Globals` was removed. Example:

old:

import Globals
develoment_mode = Globals.DevelopmentMode

new

from App.config import getConfiguration
develoment_mode = getConfiguration().debug_mode

@mauritsvanrees

Yes, I am just looking at that. :slight_smile: Expect a PR soon.

2 Likes

I have released pas.plugins.headers 1.0.1 with a fix.

2 Likes

The update installs and everything appears to be working. Now onto working on connecting/adapting to our current authentication services. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

-Jz

1 Like

Hi Joshua – I’ve bumped your permissions so you can post links now. (We had to tighten security to block spammers).

1 Like

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct