Issue while contributing to volto, rest api, and plone api documentations

Hello, I am trying to contribute to this issue where I need to edit some changes in the documentation toctree. For solving this issue I might have to add a few links in files like plone api, volto, rest api contributing documentation, but I couldn't find these files on here.
While reading the README file, I found out that we have these docs listed in external repositories like plone/volto etc. Now to contribute to this issue, should I have to make changes in all these 3 repositories, or is there some file in plone/documentation repository for solving this.

1 Like

Hi!

As you can see, plone/documentation acts also as a wrapper over the documentation of all the other repos, documentation/submodules at 6.0 · plone/documentation · GitHub

The idea is that those submodules are developed by different teams and they all take care of the documentation of their main package. Keeps the documentation close to the source.

So, any fix would have to be done in all the places.

Which issue? Which files? You must be more specific, at least by providing a link to the rendered documentation.

For how to contribute to Plone Documentation, see Contributing to documentation. That will guide you to set up your documentation project for Plone and its packages, including plone.restapi, plone.api, and volto.

you can reference external docs also, just search for restapi in the main docs, you should find some examples.

Okay, thank you for the help!

Hello,
sorry for not being specific in my doubt. I was talking about this issue:- https://github.com/plone/documentation/issues/1582

Okay, thank you!

OK, definitely use the link I provided to set up Documentation for all the packages. Feel free to ask in the issue tracker for further guidance.

1 Like

I think i miss read what you want to do, if you want to change the contributing pages of those docs, you need to do it in each repository. There are linked in the issue. If you need to put a link from main docs into one of the external docs mentioned it works just like internal references:

{ref}`content-get-view-example`

as they are integrated.

Only for trainings it is a slightly different syntax:

{ref}`training:workflow-label`
1 Like

Oh cool! This makes sense...
Thanks a lot for the help!