( IGNORE ) First install 6.0.6 from packages fails

Hello
I am trying to install plone6.0.6 form packages
All goes fine until 'make 'the backend

where i have
ERROR:Plone:Error while installing profile p6:initial: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/./bin/zconsole", line 8, in <module> sys.exit(main()) File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/lib/python3.10/site-packages/Zope2/utilities/zconsole.py", line 50, in main runscript(namespace.zopeconf, *namespace.scriptargs) File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/lib/python3.10/site-packages/Zope2/utilities/zconsole.py", line 22, in runscript exec(compile(scriptcode, script_name, 'exec'), scriptglobals) File "./scripts/create_site.py", line 63, in <module> site = addPloneSite(app, site_id, **payload) File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/lib/python3.10/site-packages/Products/CMFPlone/factory.py", line 203, in addPloneSite setup_tool.runAllImportStepsFromProfile(f"profile-{extension_id}") File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/lib/python3.10/site-packages/Products/GenericSetup/tool.py", line 393, in runAllImportStepsFromProfile result = self._runImportStepsFromContext( File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/lib/python3.10/site-packages/Products/GenericSetup/tool.py", line 1498, in _runImportStepsFromContext self._doRunHandler(pre_handler) File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/lib/python3.10/site-packages/Products/GenericSetup/tool.py", line 1360, in _doRunHandler return handler_function(self) File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/src/p6/src/p6/setuphandlers/__init__.py", line 24, in populate_portal user = users.create_default_user() File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/src/p6/src/p6/setuphandlers/users.py", line 22, in create_default_user user = api.user.create(**user_info) File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/lib/python3.10/site-packages/plone/api/user.py", line 79, in create registration.addMember( File "/optplonedev/p6/backend/lib/python3.10/site-packages/Products/CMFCore/RegistrationTool.py", line 144, in addMember raise ValueError(_('The login name you selected is already in ' ValueError: The login name you selected is already in use or is not valid. Please choose another.

The ERROR message says:

The login name you selected is already in use or is not valid. Please choose another.

Thanks, i saw that error, but i was never prompted for any login or username.
The backend/instance.yaml file contains the default initial_user_name ( is admin ) that's it

sorry, i am closing this thread, i re-did the install steps beginning with cookiecutter and all went fine.

( but i cannot close this thread )

In connection with this problem, I found out that this error occurs when the Project Title is shorter than three characters. According to his log, the thread creator used the project title "p6" and I also get this error during a make install when I use pipx run cookiecutter gh:collective/cookiecutter-plone-starter
create a new project whose title only has two characters.
Maybe you could post a note about this here or at cookiecutter-plone-starter

2 Likes

Interesting, and a good find. Could you please create an issue on GitHub - collective/cookiecutter-plone-starter: Cookiecutter Plone Starter is a framework for jumpstarting Plone 6 projects quickly. for that minimum project title length?

As this is collective, you can also create a PR on the repo without having signed the Plone Contributor Agreement.

But putting some time into sending in the contributor agreement makes contribution to plone/ packages easier and it a requrement. https://plone.org/foundation/contributors-agreement