The instructions below are from: http://www.uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/docs/how-tos/how-to-create-a-dynamic-group but is no longer available. I got a copy from the way back machine.
- Login as a manager
- Through the ZMI open up your Plone site's acl_users object
- Add a "Dynamic Groups Plugin"
- Set Id to "dynamic_groups"
- Set Title to "Dynamic Groups Provider"
- Click on your newly created "dynamic_groups" object
- Click on "Add a group"
- Set Group Id and Title to the desired group name
- Set Predicate to a TAL expression that determines which users should be in your group. For example, to create group that only includes members with uwosh.edu email addresses set Predicate to:
- Finally, open up the "Activate" tab of your "dynamic_groups" object, check the boxes next to both "Group_Enumeration" and "Groups", and click "Update".
And you're done!! Your new group should show up in the Users and Groups configlet. And any members who qualify for the group should be members of it.
However, it was not enough. I also needed to add the same group in my dynamic group in the regular group (same ids) acl_users/source_groups. I got the hint from
It works and I do not experience the bug reported at https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/2804 and https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues/2773
Are the above instructions now complete and correct? There is little information about Plone dynamic groups on the Internet.