Please note these tips on how to ask for help:
Be specific. Tell us:
- What you are trying to accomplish
- What the problem is
Show traceback errors. Copy and paste the entire traceback error. For long tracebacks, use a service like pastie.org and include the link to your pastie in your question. For short tracebacks, paste them in the body of your question, select those lines, and click the "pre-formatted text" toolbar icon (
</>) in the editing toolbar.
- Include details of your buildout. Post info about your operating system, version of OS, Plone version, buildout.cfg. Format configuration files using the "Preformatted text" button.
- Post questions to the group. Please do not contact members directly to ask for private help, unless you're paying them When you post questions publicly, more people can potentially answer more quickly, and because the answers are public, everyone can benefit from seeing them.
- Be patient Please do not repeat your question — people might be busy or unable to help with your specific problem. Silence doesn't mean we're ignoring you! It means nobody available knows the answer to your question.
- Be courteous. Avoid CAPS-LOCK, it is interpreted as shouting. And please don't use excessive exclamation (!!!) or question marks (???), it makes you look unprofessional and discourages help.
Do not worry if you are not fluent in English. Plone is a global community and we are used to non-perfect English (including American English!). We appreciate your effort! Also note: portions of this forum are reserved for other languages (see Local Communities):
- Use the examples below to phrase your question in ways people can help you:
- "Hi! I am trying to install PloneFormGen product, but it does not appear in the add on products list."
- "When I start Zope in debug mode I get the following log entry. I pasted the log to pastie.org and here is the link for the log entry http://pastie.org/123123"
- "Hi, I'm using product XYZ on Plone 4.0.1, I have a problem with the feature that is supposed to doABC— I get error BlahBlahError — what might be wrong? Here is a link to the error log on pastie.org: http://pastie.org/123123"