How to add more categories to a post?

Continuing the discussion from How to add categories?:

I think the job application screencast belongs in the Using Plone category as well. Is there a role that will allow site users to make such edits?

@polyester told me that for the time being only one category can be assigned at a time. Maybe the easiest would be for me to repost under the Using Plone category...?

We now have a new version of Discourse. w00t! Thanks @martior!

That means we should be able to install the - now stable and official - Tags plugin https://github.com/discourse/discourse-tagging

Not sure if it would work, it can also become a chaos, but I guess there's only one way of finding out.

2 Likes

@jean I could just re-post that video under "Using Plone" ...

Without doing any research on how plugins work in discourse, I am vary wary of them. Maintaining our install will probably be a lot easier wit a vanilla install. But then again, maybe the figured out something clever, and if so, can we copy their approach in Plone please :wink: I will take a look.

@martior Thanks for the update and looking into using tags!

Maybe tagging can be restricted to roles to help avoid chaos? I want tags so items can be cross-referenced.

On 02-05-15 23:25, Martin Opstad Reistadbakk wrote:

martior
http://mandrillapp.com/track/click/30171175/community.plone.org?p=eyJzIjoiNy1EeWRHNDBQQVlyQ2pEaFJUTnFETEdYUjlRIiwidiI6MSwicCI6IntcInVcIjozMDE3MTE3NSxcInZcIjoxLFwidXJsXCI6XCJodHRwOlxcXC9cXFwvY29tbXVuaXR5LnBsb25lLm9yZ1xcXC91c2Vyc1xcXC9tYXJ0aW9yXCIsXCJpZFwiOlwiYTdmZTFhZWEyN2Q5NDM5NGI4MzgwZjRmNzE1MThjMTlcIixcInVybF9pZHNcIjpbXCIxZjZhM2QxZTgwNjEyOTcwOTBkOTE4Mzk0MTgxMzgwYWFiYjdkM2M0XCJdfSJ9
May 2

Without doing any research on how plugins work in discourse, I am vary
wary of them. Maintaining our install will probably be a lot easier wit
a vanilla install. But then again, maybe the figured out something
clever, and if so, can we copy their approach in Plone please :wink: I
will take a look.

this is both a test and a partial answer: the 'tag' plugin is officially
supported, so should be easy to update.

oh, and if this arrives, responding by email works

Tagging is now installed.

3 Likes