How Many People are Using Zope External Editor

I just was made interested in getting External Editor support for MacOS to work again. Before I contract a mac developer, I would like to check if anybody has some experience with it, some know how that should be taken into account or perhaps even sources of the original version? I am happy to learn anything you may have, any background to make this happen :smile:

1 Like

Thierry Benita told me, what is necessary to bundle an app.

In order to pack zopeedit for OSX you need :

• to make a package from the python app ZopeEdit
  • insure that the path where the options are saved is still accurate
  • insure that the editor can be launched with : from LaunchServices import LSOpenFSRef
  • find the way to create a python installable application with python included
  • when the application is installed, associate it the files with the extension .zem and type application/x-zope-edit

Before I write to all the mailinglists: Is there somebody reading this who is familiar with bundling apps for Mac who would be willing to work on this?

Is it crazy to try and build this a JS app and bundle it with Electron?

@tbenita I'm trying EE again. I installed collective.externaleditor 1.0.0 and Products.ExternalEditor 2.

I am loading on Plone 5.06. The configlet shows and I activate EE there. also in "Editing" in site setup.

However, there is supposed to be a place for each user, under their preferences, to choose to use EE. This isn't there. does your produc\t work on P5?

(Note: I haven't installed the local EE client until I get this resolved)

thanks for any hlep