Help with differences between the appearance in 5.2.5 and 6.0.8 sites

I migrated from Plone 5.2.5 to Plone 6.0.8 by copying filestorage and blobstorage to /data in Docker volume, starting a Plone Docker nginx-plone container, and upgrading using the localhost:8080 interface. My site is simple and I want to stick with the Classic UI for now. In the image below, the Plone 5.2.5 instance is on the left and the new 6.0.8 instance is on the right. I have noticed several differences between them including:

• Folder Icons in the left frame are filled in 5.2.5 and not filled in 6.0.8
  • The folder icons and name are underlined in the left frame in 5.2.5 and not in 6.0.8
  • The vertical line spacing is tighter in 5.2.5 than in 6.0.8
  • The body fonts are slightly different

Is there a way to make the 6.0.8 instance look more like the 5.2.5 instance?

Thanks,
Michael

Most of the changes are due to upgrading to the latest Twitter Bootstrap, but one appears to be a UI bug.

For customizing the theme, see Classic UI theming based on Barceloneta.

For the contiguous underline, which I deem a bug, please file an issue in GitHub - plone/Products.CMFPlone: The core of the Plone content management system. I am not sure if that is the correct repo for this issue, but if not, then the core development team will route it to the right group.

@stevepiercy, thank you for your help.

As you asked, I filed an issue for the unwanted underlining: Differences between the appearance of site in 5.2.5 and 6.0.8 #3891

1 Like