HCaptcha support for z3c.form?

Is anyone aware of a z3c.form field implementation for HCaptcha or even working on something related?

1 Like

Interesting, didn't hear from hcaptcha yet. And recaptcha is out of the question nowadays if you want to be GDPR compliant. Any page with a recaptcha is a data trove for Google.
According hCaptcha's homepage hcaptcha "is a drop-in replacement for reCAPTCHA: you can switch within minutes." and we have https://pypi.org/project/plone.formwidget.recaptcha/ .

Looks interesting. Shouldn't be too hard to either integrate it into p.f.recaptcha or build p.f.hcaptcha. :slight_smile:

What would be the proper way to create a p.f.hcaptcha add-on? Is it appropriate, if I fork p.f.recaptcha and rename the fork to p.f.hcaptcha and try to make the necessary changes? I could do the work on my own github account and later ask for a commit to the Plone github repo (or should it go to collective?).

I would start from scratch with bobtemplates.plone · PyPI and make then the necessary changes using p.f.recaptcha as a reference.
bobtemplates.plone includes the latest best practice from the Plone community including testing via GitHub Actions instead TravisCI.

This HCaptcha project looks interesting, but I'd also check if GitHub - collective/collective.honeypot already solves the problem with bots. It's not using any external service and does not bug people forcing to solve ambiguous picture riddles.

1 Like

I would just fork p.f.recaptcha in the plone repo and rename it to p.f.hcaptcha. Though, that's a matter of preference I guess. I'd be happy to help with the process, just DM or email me. :slight_smile:

I created a new add-on with mrbob on my local box and added the files
from the recaptcha add-on one by one to it and made the necessary
changes, also to the configure files. I added the demo subdir today and
run into a traceback by calling the demo form.

@andreasma which traceback? please post it here.

@andreasma made another post here (HCaptcha Support For Plone Available Yet) on the forum about the release of his hcaptcha add'on.

@andreasma Did you figure out the traceback and/or other issues you mentionned in this thread in June?

This week I added support for plone.formwidget.hcaptcha to collective.easyform. It's on the main branch, not released yet. It was mainlycopy/pasting the recaptcha integration as plone.formwidget.hcaptcha is a light refactoring of the plone.formwdget.recaptcha. (https://github.com/collective/collective.easyform/pull/293)

The easyform support for hcaptcha is not production ready though, it seems functional until it causes a validation error on form submission when the hcaptcha seems to have been completed succesfully.

@fredvd the issue is already fixed and the add-on is releaed on PyPI,
thanks to @tisto

You could get the release from here:

The demo form is available at the 'site root' and @@hcaptcha_form