GSoC 2022 recycle bin idea

Hi everyone!!, I am Bhuvan R J from India. I am not new to open source, I used to monitor some projects and do some document updates for some of my friend's projects, but i am new to implementing ideas and being an Official project Contributor. I am a Python developer, specially deep-learning. I am familiar with many of the python libraries and have done over 200+ projects of which majority are in python.
The moment ideas list was released on GSOC website , I was into the Recycle Bin idea, but i was trying to install Plone and test it out myself. It is really good to have a recycle bin for the frontend as there might be some situations where you might want a block of data but not sure whether it will be relevant or not.
I didn't know about the forum, so didn't check the threads. I was working on ways to implement a recycle bin and narrowed down to this idea -"moving the deleted block to a new and giving it a random-name", but just making the block visible and invisible is the best approach as it reduces a ton of processing.
I would be glad to work on this project, my env is set up and currently understanding the codebase and the workflow of Plone. I have a couple of doubts, is it okay if I DM you on discord @tkimnguyen .

1 Like

what app should i use to open the .egg-link files

can you guys suggest me any other issues that are easy to work on now!!! @ksuess and @tkimnguyen

Welcome, @BhuvanRJ! Thanks for your interest in the recycle bin idea.

Have you been able to install and run Plone? You should not have to do anything with .egg-link files.

It's best to discuss in these public posts and threads. I may not be able to answer every question you have, but others who see a question can respond too. Also, I am not the only person in the Plone community interested in or knowledgeable about these GSoC ideas.

alright sure.
Yeah i have installed plone and made the training website long back, I also cloned the repo and there I found some file with that extension so was kinda curious!!

I just wanted to check out Castle-CMS, I tried to install the main package but unfortunately couldn’t, it shows the following error:

git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

Just wanted to see how their recycle bin works i went through their codebase and got to know the basic idea of the actual implementation.

I got it, the solution was just to use the https clone link instead of ssh.
thanks

Thank you for accepting my proposal for the project i'll work as hard as i can and try to complete this project.
I honestly had 0 hope of my proposal being accepted, ill start working right away. please help me out when ever i'm stuck.

1 Like

Congrats @BhuvanRJ! I'll be in touch with you shortly to set up a meeting.

1 Like

Thank you!!!! looking forward to meet you.