GSOC 2019: plone.importexport

1 Like

In my experience pdb works better for importexport development.
Other addons restart the server on every single change which often breaks the code with dumb errors

Thanks @Rotonen, it worked
@Shriyanshagro, sauna just worked fine, it didn't kill the server and waits to fix possible errors

I wish to start by fixing the failing build for
py27-Plone51 1 and 2
and
docs,lint-py27,code-analysis 1

Should I change the file tox.ini, probably here. I guess the error is because of the wrong path mentioned? Correct me if I'm wrong? How should I go about solving this?

Should I make a pull request reflecting the changes?

just make sure you look at the pull requests rather than master as all this should have been fixed but not yet merged

Please provide the edit access to the repository.
github username: ironmaniiith

Hi @ironmaniiith

Did you sign the contributor agreement form? If you haven't as yet, please follow the guide at https://docs.plone.org/develop/coredev/docs/agreement.html.

If you did, then follow the Collective repo guide to gain contribution access to all the repos.

Hi @b4oshany ,
I wasn't aware of any such form and didn't sign the form yet. I'll do it, is there anything else that need to be done from my side apart from that?
Also I've setup travis and made a PR on my forked repo from the branch quang/improve_import_export_path_relation to my master branch so meanwhile I'm trying to fix the failing build on my own repo

No, the other things are things to note and to help you.

For instance, you can get familiar with our guidelines for coding, testing and contributing by reading the style guides for working on Plone.

Can you send me the link?

Also, was there a discussion about the best means for communication with your mentors? As in, will we be using slack or something else for communication? I arrived late to this party, so I have a bit of catching up to do.

Repo link, Travis link, PR

I guess no, but I think setting up slack would be helpful

Hi,
Can anyone help me out figuring what's going wrong in tox.ini file.
I see that the commands for bootstrap and annotate are working fine however it fails to get the correct path for version_file and simply takes the file name version_plone51.cfg instead of the full path (though it's mentioned in the tox.ini file). Please refer to this line (it's using only the file name version_plone51.cfg whereas it should use the complete path /home/travis/build/ironmaniiith/plone.importexport/version_plone51.cfg

Any idea how I can resolve this issue?

I've tried various hacks by modifying tox.ini file to get this thing working, however none of them works. Can anyone guide me in this?

Also, is it actually of our concern to get the travis build passing? Because I've just seen that all the PRs before were also failing travis build.

previously we used gitter just because its easier to register but plone slack is also fine for me (http://slackin-toplone.rhcloud.com). also discord is fine.

1 Like

@ironmaniiith I'm a bit concerned you haven't responded. You need to engage with us to continue with GSOC.

Hi,
I'm fine with slack (or any medium of communication).
My primary email id is: aalekhj2507@gmail.com. Do I need to create a channel from my side or will you add me in?
Also I was wondering if anyone can respond to these issues, that will be of help.

Thanks

@djay, @b4oshany , @Shriyanshagro
Could you please have a look at the above issues?

Hi @ironmaniiith,
Sorry for the late response, I will take a look at it now.