Getting started with Plone for GSoC 2017

I am Srihari Radhakrishna, an undergraduate at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India. I'd like to express my interest in contributing to Plone development with Google Summer of Code 2017 and further. My skill-set coincides with the technologies used for building Plone and I've started exploring the project by setting up a site, and going through documentation and ideas list. I look forward to ideas and pointers on getting started from the community.

Hi @rsrihari! Thanks for stepping in and expressing interest in Plone! I'm sure you'll have a lot of great ideas about what to do.

It sounds like you've already started by downloading Plone and setting up a site. You might also want to take a bit of time and find an issue in our issue tracker marked for beginners and work on solving it. It would help you to get familiar with the world of Plone. As you have questions, this community website, and our #plone channel in IRC on freenode.net are great places to get answers.

GSOC applications will be opening on March 20, so you have a bit of time to get started looking around. Take advantage!

Again, thanks for your interest, and welcome to Plone!

1 Like