From Plone 3.1.2 to 5.2

Hi! First of all let me introduce my case: since February I've been working for a laboratory as a research assistant and one of the projects that the laboratory assign me was the migration and update of the web page of the research group. This site is actually in Plone 3.1.2 (yeah, pretty old...) based on windows and the objective is to migrate to a new server based on linux and update the sites to plone 5. I'm a Biomedical Engineer so my programing skills are basic to say at the most, and migrating the sites to a new server is one thing but updating such an old site to 5.2... I actually don't know if it is possible! I've been trying migrating from 3.1.2 to 3.2, after that to 3.3.6 then to 4.3.7 but int this last step the migration failed:

Upgrade aborted. Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.CMFPlone-4.3.7-py2.7.egg/Products/CMFPlone/MigrationTool.py", line 259, in upgrade
step['step'].doStep(setup)
File "/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/Products.GenericSetup-1.7.7-py2.7.egg/Products/GenericSetup/upgrade.py", line 160, in doStep
self.handler(tool)
File "/usr/local/Plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.app.upgrade-1.3.18-py2.7.egg/plone/app/upgrade/v40/betas.py", line 99, in beta3_beta4
value.remove('Large Plone Folder')
AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute 'remove'
Starting upgrade of core addons.
Done upgrading core addons.
End of upgrade path, migration has finished
The upgrade path did NOT reach current version
Migration has failed

So my question to the Plone community: is it possible/worth updating such an old site to 5.2? it is a better idea to create a new site from zero and "paste" the contents from past sites?

Luckily for you there is a simple fix for that problem:

It should be in plone.app.upgrade 1.3.19 (1 minor version after yours).
Try to upgrade and retry the migration.

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct