Fresh Install of 5.2.1 with Unified Installer, zeo, python3 fails?

I tried installing with the Unified Installer with the following options:

./install.sh --build-python=3 --password=xxxxxxxx --target=/var/www/plone --instance=site --owner=siteowner --group=siteowner zeo

It installs fine.

Without touching any of the files I run

bin/buildout

and get the following:

Updating zeoserver.
Updating client1.
Updating client2.
Updating backup.
Updating zopepy.
Updating unifiedinstaller.
Updating precompiler.
Compiling Python files.
File "/var/www/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.staticresources-1.2.1-py3.6.egg/plone/staticresources/static/components/cs-jqtree-contextmenu/node_modules/jqtree/_entries/insert.py", line 44
print 'rename %s to %s' % (old_filename, new_filename)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

File "/var/www/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.staticresources-1.2.1-py3.6.egg/plone/staticresources/static/components/cs-jqtree-contextmenu/node_modules/jqtree/_entries/renumber.py", line 36
^

File "/var/www/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.staticresources-1.2.1-py3.6.egg/plone/staticresources/static/components/jqtree/_entries/insert.py", line 44
^

File "/var/www/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/plone.staticresources-1.2.1-py3.6.egg/plone/staticresources/static/components/jqtree/_entries/renumber.py", line 36
^

File "/var/www/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/zodbpickle-1.0.4-py3.6-linux-x86_64.egg/zodbpickle/pickle_2.py", line 882
except _Stop, stopinst:
^

File "/var/www/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/zodbpickle-1.0.4-py3.6-linux-x86_64.egg/zodbpickle/pickletools_2.py", line 1803
print "skipping %r: it doesn't look like an opcode name" % name
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print("skipping %r: it doesn't look like an opcode name" % name)?

File "/var/www/plone/buildout-cache/eggs/zodbpickle-1.0.4-py3.6-linux-x86_64.egg/zodbpickle/tests/pickletester_2.py", line 433
x = [0, 1L, 2.0, 3.0+0j]
^

Compiling locale files.
Updating setpermissions.
setpermissions: Running # Dummy references to force this to execute after referenced parts
echo /var/www/plone/plone/var/backups yes > /dev/null
chmod 600 .installed.cfg

Make sure anything we've created in var is r/w by our group

find /var/www/plone/plone/var -type d -exec chmod 770 {} ; 2> /dev/null
find /var/www/plone/plone/var -type f -exec chmod 660 {} ; 2> /dev/null
find /var/www/plone/plone/var -type d -exec chmod 770 {} ; 2> /dev/null
find /var/www/plone/plone/var -type f -exec chmod 660 {} ; 2> /dev/null
chmod 754 /var/www/plone/plone/bin/*

Which I'm not sure if that fails or not?

And then I run

bin/plonectl start
zeoserver: .
daemon process started, pid=23020
client1: .
daemon process started, pid=23030
client2: .
daemon process started, pid=23044

That looks good. I try to visit the site on ports 8100, 8080, 8081, 8082. And nothing loads. Can anyone help?
Thanks

The first thing I would do is look at the client logs. Go to your install location's zeocluster probably at /var/www/plone/zeocluser/ and use a text editor to look at 'var/client1/client1.log'. The logs will tell you what's wrong.

I suspect that you have a permissions problem because you are trying to run Plone in /var/www.

Is there a reason why you're not using the standard /opt installation?

Are you checking those ports on the server, or from another machine? If from another machine, try checking on the server itself. "netstat -4ln" should tell you if the server is actually listening on the ports.

If the server is listening on the ports but you can't reach them from another machine, you've probably got a firewall blocking them.

If your server is not listening on the expected ports, try stopping one of the zeo clients and restarting it in foreground: "plonectl client1 fg". You'll likely get an informative error message.

Thanks, turned out to be firewall rules that must have somehow changed :-/

Sorry to waste everyone's time.

1 Like