FWT Meeting Protocol 2015-05-26
- Ramon Navarro
- Jens Klein
- Franco Pellegrini
- Timo Stollenwerk
- Johannes Raggam
- Eric Bréhault (short 5m status update at the beginning, he had to leave afterwards)
- Review last meeting deliverables
- PLIP #13350 Define extra member properties TTW https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/blob/b0f0d74bb6b96b0293883bf9aff95805f19c8533/plips/reviews/plip13350-review-frapell.rst and https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+milestone%3A"Plone+5"
- Discuss PLIP #20239 Implement API for Dexterity behaviors https://dev.plone.org/ticket/20239
- already implemented are the changes in plone.behavior (non-immersive) here https://github.com/plone/plone.behavior/pull/2
- also implemented (but need adjustments) is the api itself here
- What’s Missing RC Plone 5
- PLIPS 20256 and 20144 decisions
- Update the #plone-framework IRC channel title to include the link to the new FWT meeting minutes page
- Launch Team meeting:
- Aim for mid-September release for Plone 5.0
- Need a feature list for marketing/communications
- Need a general list of changes made in Plone 5 for the docs team to use as a starting point. Connect FWT/implementers with docs team to update documentation, create upgrade guide.
- Prepare to be accosted at Anniversary sprint to participate in docs updates
- Training materials already being updated.
Review last meeting deliverables
- review social media plip [Johannes, Eric B]
- plone.app.contentlisting: review pull request + Write PLIP to get rid of folderlisting
- update Framework team page on plone.org [Eric S]
done, but needs more editing, question was if really everybody is on the list
- publish FWT meeting protocol to community.plone.org [Eric B]
Discussion about PLIP process
- We should start creating new PLIPs on github: Products.CMFPlone issues, label "PLIP"
- Requirements: Update docs, create issue to move most recent/important PLIPs to github.
- We need to archive dev.plone.org! Old plips should be kept.
PLIP #13350 Define extra member properties TTW
- Franco’s Review: https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/blob/b0f0d74bb6b96b0293883bf9aff95805f19c8533/plips/reviews/plip13350-review-frapell.rst
- There are open issues: Test coverage, Code Style, Broken Functionality. This PLIP must be rock solid to be shipped with Plone. Topic "User" is a security relevant part of Plone. Let’s talk with Eric at next meeting. It might need to be postponed to Plone 5.1 to not block 5.0 release.
Dexterity API Plip
- Add to Review list. Done
- Is nearly finished, minor adjustments and better tests needed.
- finish plone.behavior part for next FWT and merge for 5.0 (Jens)
- finish plone.dexterity part - may need some extra time, not sure if it can be finished for plone 5.0
- plone.dexterity: Old Test code makes it difficult to write new tests (Plone MockTestCase). It would much easier, if it would use the mock package, which is also in Python 3 standard lib (unittest.mock) which is available for python 2.7 as an extra package https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mock.
Issue created here: https://github.com/plone/plone.dexterity/issues/30
plone.behavior: Ready to merge, missing part is only missing documentation. Basis for future Dexterity API.
- Ramon is reviewing plone.behavior.
Whats missing in Plone 5:
- member props ttw - see above?
- UI/UX testing.
- UI/UX fixes.
Open Plone 5 issues
Idea: Unify milestone tags on Github/plone. All repos should use the same milestone tags, like 5.1, 4.3.6, etc. Jens has some insight how to automate it. see Our Issue Label Chaos and Pull Request Process
FWT IRC channel : Jens is going to ask permission to Eric S to get op status on the channel and change the subject
Launch team: No action at the moment from FWT side. If launch team needs some kind of input or actions from FWT we expect it to give us actionable tasks. According to the needed lists all information is available already, questions welcome.
Next FWT meeting is in two weeks (2015-06-09). Ramon is doing the invitations.