Forum's policy just a joke?

Please email board@plone.org for any diversity related issues.

Hi Christina,

Just wanted to say thanks for your personal words and sharing your thoughts on the various subjects that came up here!

To further avoid being allegiated to construct allegiations, I'd like to make clear, that I had personally never experienced discrimination, bullying, or anything similar in the public spaces of the Plone community, on the very contrary back then (2007) it gave a very inviting impression!
I was more worried about the public impression of Plone, if "typos" stay unmodifed and trolls aren't moderated and who's pushed away by that or atttracted to join.
Reading on twitter, that Plone's release manager had suffered once of being bullied, increases the likeliness, that the foundation's team has a huge awareness for that subject, anyways.
He also let's us know there, to suffer of depressions and to just broaden up the mashup of this thread even more: A prominent german politician just suggested to generally forbid working-permits for persons suffering of it. Following that logic, Plone wouldn't have a release-manager anymore and that's also why not staying silent is so important.

No worries, I'll keep buggin', erm writing bug-reports, I mean :wink:

Best, Ida

it's funny to say that I have spent the last week flagging offensive comments and personal attacks in a Stack Overflow post from the very same person that started this thread about misbehaviour in the community, the last of them just an hour ago.

Ida, I have to say that I found your behaviour childish, to say the less.

you have created a toxic environment for me; you are wasting my time, Martijn's time and yours also.

so, do yourself a favour and stop with that.

turn off your computer and get some sun and fresh air.

none of us needs this.

+1

I agree - this meta-thread gets toxic. Its inclusive in a negative way: It includes more and more actors.

We will never reach 100% harmony, no community will - this is classical social behaviour in larger groups.
There are different behaviours and opinions between adult persons and a small percentage (gauss distribution given) has strong opinions with some urge to express it publicly.

Here all was said.

I take the moderator power given to me now and close this thread.

I hope for your understanding.

In case of a new violation please contact board@plone.org as @tkimnguyen and @smcmahon wrote. If there is no/ or no appropriate response come back to this place.