Forum add-on for Plone 5.1

I just released a first version of collective.ploneboard. Grab it while it is hot:

I think this is useful as it is already. Here is a list of features:

• Add message board
  • Add Topic
  • Add conversation
  • Reply to a conversation
  • Add an attachment to a conversation

Though, we are clearly missing lots of details and features. If you want to help please check the issues I created here:

Feel free to give us feedback and let us know what you think! If anybody wants to sponsor additional features or further development, get in touch with us.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Will check it out shortly. Thanks for doing this! Pending it working, do you have a donation page?

Thanks for asking! We don't have a donation page. You can directly donate to the Plone Foundation:

The second option is to sponsor a specific enhancement or bugfix.

You can report bugs or suggest a feature on the collective.ploneboard issue tracker:

and then offer to sponsor the development.

Let us know what you think about the add-on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like has potential. Pretty straight forward, thanks!

Does need the titles for the summary headings to fit the site's language. They are showing up in German (?).
Screenshot attached.

I think I know how to handle workflows, etc. through usual Plone tools and such so that I can configure notifications, etc. So, if the headings can be fixed, I'd like to start testing this with a community site to see how it goes. Unless you think there might be security issues?

Please advise @tisto
Thanks!

Yeah. We have to add and fix a few translations. Please always use the github issue tracker for those kind of things.

It is hard to image that this add-on will introduce any security issues. It uses plain Dexterity content types and standard commenting.

1 Like