Fixing a broken resource registry

I accidentally put a bad JavaScript file into the resource registry of one of my sites. When I tried to delete the customizations, I ended up deleting things that I think are core components.

Is there an easy way to restore the resource registry, or is the only solution to reinstall? I tried running the restore script from my instance, but it didn't help.

In the ZMI, go to portal_resources. Click on 'resource_overrides', and then the Edit button. Select both 'production' and 'static', and delete them. Then go back to the Resource Registry in Site Setup, turn on development mode, save, turn it back off and save.

I was able to get into ZMI and delete the resource overrides, but when I try to go back to the resource registry, I still see this, so I can't enable development mode from there...

Info If you see this, it is because there was an error rendering the resource registry configuration. It's possible you saved a bundle that gives a JavaScript error and it is preventing the resource registry from loading.

When I go into the Config Registry and try to change the development mode property manually, I see this:

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 146, in publish
Module Zope2.App.startup, line 303, in commit
Module transaction._manager, line 131, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 310, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 301, in commit
Module transaction._transaction, line 446, in _commitResources
Module transaction._transaction, line 423, in _commitResources
Module ZODB.Connection, line 693, in tpc_vote
Module ZEO.ClientStorage, line 750, in tpc_vote
Module ZEO.asyncio.client, line 764, in call
Module ZEO.asyncio.client, line 743, in call
Module ZEO.asyncio.client, line 756, in wait_for_result
Module concurrent.futures._base, line 429, in result
Module concurrent.futures._base, line 381, in __get_result
ServerException: ('ZODB.FileStorage.format.CorruptedDataError', {'oid': '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\rM', 'buf': '\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00', 'pos': 194466828})

The Resource Registry error you are seeing is "normal". The Configuration Registry error is something completely different, and will likely cause other site issues. Do you have a backup you call roll back to?

Only the backup that comes with the unified installer, though rolling back doesn't seem to help. I set up a second site in ZMI, but it goes really slow.