Read [r]: requirements.txt
Read [c]: constraints.txt
Read [c]: https://dist.plone.org/release/6.0.1/constraints.txt
###############################################################################
# Fetch sources from VCS
Fetch or update ploneconf.site
Cloning.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/manice/Documents/training/backend/venv/bin/mxdev", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/home/manice/Documents/training/backend/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/mxdev.py", line 436, in main
    fetch(state)
  File "/home/manice/Documents/training/backend/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/mxdev.py", line 351, in fetch
    repo.update_repo()
  File "/home/manice/Documents/training/backend/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/libvcs/git.py", line 189, in update_repo
    self.obtain()
  File "/home/manice/Documents/training/backend/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/libvcs/git.py", line 178, in obtain
    self.run(cmd, log_in_real_time=True)
  File "/home/manice/Documents/training/backend/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/libvcs/base.py", line 119, in run
    return run(
  File "/home/manice/Documents/training/backend/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/libvcs/util.py", line 200, in run
    raise exc.CommandError(output=output, returncode=code, cmd=cmd)
libvcs.exc.CommandError: Command failed with code 128: git clone --progress ssh://git@github.com/collective/ploneconf.site.git /home/manice/Documents/training/backend/sources/ploneconf.site
Cloning into '/home/manice/Documents/training/backend/sources/ploneconf.site'...git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).fatal: Could not read from remote repository.Please make sure you have the correct access rightsand the repository exists.
make: *** [Makefile:40: build] Error 1

Can someone please help me in this topic ?

I was facing the same issue ,you have to generate a ssh key and add it to your github . Follow these two links -

Thank You so much @Tishasoumya-02 now it seems to be working.
I also viewed docs on adding ssh keys though, but i thought that was not the possible solution so i didn't used that method, foolish me. But not everything seems to be working fine.

1 Like