Enable permissions on a control panel (Plone 6 Classic)

I if have a control panel (from another add-on), is it possible to change permission from my add-on / policy, or do I need to modify the existing add-on ?

If so, is it just the 'page' I need to change ?

<browser:page
   name="some_controlpanel"
   for="Products.CMFPlone.interfaces.IPloneSiteRoot"
   class=".controlpanel.SomeControlPanel"
   permission="cmf.ManagePortal" />

UPDATE: I registered the view 'again', with other permissions (and a new name'. I assume that is good enough (?)

UPDATE: I registered the view 'again', with other permissions (and a new name'. I assume that is good enough (?)

If that works for you as a workaround, I think it's okay. You can't change the permission of the original view registration without changing the addon where it is defined.

This is why using ManagePortal as a permission in an add-on is an anti-pattern; it's hard to customize who gets it. It's better for an add-on to define a new permission for each action that needs to be protected.

This probably has to correspond with 'getting to the site setup' (in my case, the group that can edit the control panel does not have permissions to see/go to the site setup at all. I have not looked at it yet, it is faster to add a new (direct) menu entry.