Are there any plugins for Plone or Discourse that does the following?
1. Publish weekly content updates from Plone to Discourse
I've read a series of posts, which includes Ideas for Google Summer Of Code 2017 and more
If there aren't any plugins for this, we can pull it off two ways:
- Build a plugin, which uses content rules or celery to send weekly emails to Discourse. Development efforts = build an addon for Plone and enable email to the server feature on Discourse.
- Build addons for both Discourse and Plone, which uses content rules or celery to send weekly data to Discourse via incoming webhooks.
- Integration: use MailChimp to send automated Weekly RSS emails to Discourse. Development efforts: enable email to the server feature on Discourse.
2. SSO or OAuth login between Plone and Discourse
I've read a series of posts, which include Single-Sign-On & Current Plone affair?, Plone 5 SSO with AD and so forth. Therefore, I'm aware of saml2 and other plugins, but as mentioned in the previous post, the setup isn't easy and the UI isn't user friendly.
Is there any update on this topic, especially to allow SSO between Plone and Discourse?
3. Get statistical data from Discourse, which can use in Plone as a Moasic tile or portlet item
Discourse has an API, which we can use if a plugin doesn't exist.
4. Include Discourse search results in Plone search results
Castle CMS can do this out of the box, at least for public content through its web crawler and search engine feature. In fact, I've been struggling with the decision of switching over to Castle, which I think @tkimnguyen is aware of. Castle has tonnes of features, which I want to utilize in the majority of the Plone projects I'm working on, especially Jamaican Developers Community website. I think the direction that Castle aiming aligns with my vision for Jamaican Developers Community website, but I'm unaware of Castle's roadmap and afraid of losing features and updates of current and feature releases of Plone. Castle is running on Plone 5.0.8.
The other option is to build out the features of Castle in Plone, which I think @tkimnguyen is also interested in. However, it will take a while, and I don't know the level of support we would get to cutting those features over to Plone.
5. Perform basic management task from Plone.
- Topic management (pin, upvote, etc)
- User management (block, active, invite, etc)
In wrapping up, is there any addon that provides any other of the mentioned features and integrations with Discourse?