Date display format

On the website that I am currently building, the dates are shown in the MM/DD/YYYY format. And even though I changed the 'Date and Time' timezone (it's currently set to Europe/Amsterdam) to different zones, the format doesn't change.

The first thing that comes to my mind was customizing the Date.js; if I change the 'locale' parameter to 'en/nl' then it shows it as DD/MM/YYYY in the contents page. But even after that, the dates on the edit page still doesn't change.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 03.04.19

To summarize;
I am trying to change the format of the dates to DD/MM/YYYY. Is there a way to do this from the admin panel, or should I try customizing a component like 'helpers/Utils/Date.js'? I am using Volto release 15.15.0.

I noticed this same bug a few days ago, didn't get round to filling an issue. It looks like there's a bug in volto where the user language redux state will use the default Language ( en) rather than the one from the plone site/ content/ user preferences. en ends up being American English and hence the MM/DD/YYYY formatting.

While searching for something else related to Multilingual, I came across this: Multilingual – Frontend – Configuration — Plone Documentation v6.0-dev - you might have to configure your supported languages in the frontend as well.