Convert from JSON in restricted python

Is there a way to convert JSON to a dict / list (or something I can use in a tal:template) in restricted python ?

I have this (unicode object) string:

{'fragment': u'richtext_list', 
'list_richtext': 
"[{u'data': u'<p>ABC</p>', u'encoding': u'utf-8'}, {u'content-type': u'text/html', u'output-content-type': u'text/x-html-safe', 
u'data': u'<p>QQQ</p>', u'encoding': u'utf-8'}]"}

Which I want to show as

<p>ABC</p>

and

<p>QQQ</p>

In template.pt

You could register a view and "loads" the JSON in this view.

Write a browser view or add a related method to your existing browser view.

-aj

The (mosaic) fragment views are running with restricted python, as far as I know.

I was hoping to add a 'tuple' or 'list' richtext tile to make this:

As @zopyx has suggested, the browser view may be the way.
There's a pattern explained here: https://github.com/plone/plone.api/issues/268
Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works, it looks like you would have to register a browser view which could then be called from restricted python.

Browser view is an ugly way.

Please add it to https://github.com/collective/collective.trustedimports/blob/master/collective/trustedimports/stdlib.rst.

It is simple to add and helps everyone using restrictedpython in the future. Once added then you can use the normal import which is more intuitive and what a first time user is likely to try.

Still, I have no clue about what to 'actually do'
It looks to me that something needs to be changed in: stdlib.py

How many working solutions do you need? Why do you need look into a 3rd or 4th option?

-aj

that is for @djay 's answer.

I know how to do it with a browser view, but I try to avoid it since this is in a theme.
Why? … because the whole point of the theme is to make it possible for everybody to 'use whatever they find there in their own theme', without having to install add-ons etc.

I dont 'need' anything: I am just trying to make something for the community to help with the lack of themes etc. in Plone 5.

@espenmn I've updated the readme with more detail on how to whitelist something. Let me know if I can improve it.

Great, thanks.