Collective.notifications on Plone 5.2

Does anyone know if collective.notifications is working on Plone 5.2 with Python 2.7 ?

I did try but, it error because of missing 'modules'. (parse, mail, etc).
I could not find any info about requirements.

I think the problem is in notifcations.py

1. import urllib.parse

I think that's the problem because it's incomplete if I'm reading the manual for py27 correctly it should be:

1. from urlparse import urlparse

I'm not the most astute programmer btw, but that's 2ยข.

I fixed url parse with some code from another add-on, but then I got from mail import something).

OCD is a curse..

I was looking your email burping problem and I think its because in notifications.py there was a line to import a py3 only lib for email.policy.

Anyway, there was a commit 2 hours ago that restores Py27 compatibility. Might want to try it out now and see if it works.

Hi, I had exactly the same problem here on

• Plone 5.1.6 (5116)
  • CMF 2.2.13
  • Zope 2.13.29
  • Python 2.7.17 (v2.7.17:c2f86d86e6, Oct 19 2019, 21:01:17) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)]
  • PIL 6.1.0 (Pillow)

First of all, the commit mentionned by @riker11451 fixed the buildout errors, thanks !

But, this done, once in the Site Setup::Add-ons, no trace of "Notifications" (nor "collective.notifications") to activate ? Am I the only one not to find the add-on that should be there then?

Best regards,

As it seemed to be missing a "Docs" directory at the root of the product, adding one (even empty) was enough to make the module appear in the SiteSetup once the buidlout was launched. Resolved.

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct