Change Domain URL

Hey y'all, First time posting. I recently inherited a Plone forms site and I was looking to get the URL changed. Currently the site is resolving to "request.domain1 .com" and I would like to update it to "request.domain2 .com" (added space to get around posting links)

Through the Zope management interface, I was able to find the Portal_URL action but was having issues and i noticed that it may have been deprecated.

How could i go about updating this URL?
Thank you!

Version Overview

• Plone 4.3.3 (4308)
  • CMF 2.2.7
  • Zope 2.13.22
  • Python 2.7.3 (default, Jun 27 2013, 03:57:42) [GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-3)]
  • PIL 2.3.0 (Pillow)

My guess is that you have either Apache or Nginx in front of your Plone installation.
Check the virtual host config in your webserver and update the VirtualHostBase stuff.

20. Virtual Hosting Services — Zope documentation 5.2 documentation has a bit of background and info on that topic.

1 Like

As @jaroel wrote, Plone itself is agnostic and (usually) does not know about the domain(s) it is serving. This kind of information comes from the reverse proxy configuration (usually through a RewriteRule in Apache or something related with another proxy software like Nginx):

2 Likes