My advice, forget the whole Mamp thing, what you see is just the (downloaded files) not a ‘website’.
- Install with Universal installer (you might skip this if you did it already
- Find Plone (it is probably in your User (main) folder
- Open ‘Terminal’ and go to it (click on ‘Launchpad’ at the bottom of your screen and click on ‘Terminal’
- go to your Plone instance folder ( probably, write ‘cd Plone/zinstance’ and hit enter
- type ‘bin/buidout’ and hit enter
- If you dont get any errors etc,
- write ‘bin/instance fg’ and Plone will start in debug mode. After 10 sec. open your browser (Safari/Firefox) at http://localhost:8080
Later, you might want to start with ‘bin/instance start’.
If you site does not start because the port (8080) is taken by some other ‘stuff’, edit the file ‘Plone/zinstance/buildout.cfg’ and change 8080 to for example 8090, then do 5), 6), 7) again (but go to localhost:8090)