Hi ! I'm new to Plone and I tried to install it on my machine using the unifiedinstaller for mac, I got the message which said that Plone is successfully installed but in the browser I can't see the welcome page when visiting localhost:8080 instead I have the apache page with the mention 'It worked'. Then I tried to do the same thing with Mamp and when I visit the url localhost:8888/Plone it displays an index with all Plone directory contents. Any help please ?
Are you sure you use the right port.
Usually, the web sharing on OS X uses port 80 (and is where you usually see the 'It worked' message (from apache).
I dont know how to install Phone with Mamp (only wordpress), can you paste a screenshot of 'the index with all the Plone directory contents' ?
My advice, forget the whole Mamp thing, what you see is just the (downloaded files) not a 'website'.
- Install with Universal installer (you might skip this if you did it already
- Find Plone (it is probably in your User (main) folder
- Open 'Terminal' and go to it (click on 'Launchpad' at the bottom of your screen and click on 'Terminal'
- go to your Plone instance folder ( probably, write 'cd Plone/zinstance' and hit enter
- type 'bin/buidout' and hit enter
- If you dont get any errors etc,
- write 'bin/instance fg' and Plone will start in debug mode. After 10 sec. open your browser (Safari/Firefox) at http://localhost:8080
Later, you might want to start with 'bin/instance start'.
If you site does not start because the port (8080) is taken by some other 'stuff', edit the file 'Plone/zinstance/buildout.cfg' and change 8080 to for example 8090, then do 5), 6), 7) again (but go to localhost:8090)
Thank you very much, it worked