Can not install Plone 5.1.4 on Windows 10 [RESOLVED]

I make a return of experience of the difficulties met to install Plone 5.1.4 under Windows 10 version 1803.
I tried the default installation, but also with the "target" and "instance" options for the same result.
Here are the error messages:
« C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd \

C:>cd Plone-5.1.4-UnifiedInstaller

C:\Plone-5.1.4-UnifiedInstaller>windows_install.bat standalone --password=admin --target=C:\Plone51 --instance=C:\Plone51\zinstance

C:\Plone-5.1.4-UnifiedInstaller>python helper_scripts\windows_install.py standalone --password=admin --target=C:\Plone51 --instance=C:\Plone51\zinstance
File "helper_scripts\windows_install.py", line 95
print _("Creating target directory " + opt.target)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

C:\Plone-5.1.4-UnifiedInstaller>windows_install.bat standalone --password=admin

C:\Plone-5.1.4-UnifiedInstaller>python helper_scripts\windows_install.py standalone --password=admin
File "helper_scripts\windows_install.py", line 95
print _("Creating target directory " + opt.target)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax»
Someone has another result?
On the other hand, I was able to install it on Windows server 2016.
I experiment with different situations and will explain the results and problems as soon as possible.

In advance, thank you for your answers

This looks as if Python3 were used. Plone (and likely windows_install.py) still requires Python 2.

Ensure that Python2 is installed on your box and try python2 helper\scripts\windows_install.py ....

1 Like

It does look like the Python executable you invoked is not what Plone expects. Usually, the unified installer installs its own Python (2.7.x in this case) in a subdirectory. I have not run this latest unified installer on Windows so I'm not familiar with windows_install.bat or helper_scripts.

Maybe @smcmahon has suggestions?

Dieter's diagnosis is correct.

Dieter:
Indeed, it was python 3 that was used.
I made the necessary changes to use python 2.7.15.
From then on the installation is done.
Thanks for your help.

1 Like