Calendar view using collection json output (like fullcalendar uses)

asking for a friend (me) :wink:

is there an common approach to for having a fullcalendar.io like view for collections?

as far as i can see
collective.js.fullcalendar
ftw.calendar
Solgema.fullcalendar
are heavily outdated

ok - to be precise: collective.js.fullcalendar was updated a few days ago (thanks to you, guys!), but the the base fullcalendar is version 1.6.4 (from 09.2013) - i guess cause of compatibility.

my questions are:

• is fullcalendar 1.6.4 still a valid choice (also looking forward to plone 6+)
  • is there a chance for an upgrade to fullcalendar 4.x (might be able to help on that)
  • are there other solutions suitable for plone5/6 (thinking of "barceloneta lts")

i assume the basic idea is to have a collection with a json representation feeding the calendar.

thanks in advance and sry for opening this as a new topic.
i know this was mentioned several times in general, but those threads are as outdatet as some of those packages :wink:

Some members of the community are currently pooling resources to basically have a modernized rewrite of solgema.fullcalendar.

• It will probably be called collective.fullcalendar.
  • It will be based on Fullcalendar 5 (which is currently in beta).
  • The target-platform is the classic frontend
  • It will support Plone 5.2 and 6

If you are interested to chip in or have requirements that are vital for your use-case please contact me or comment here.

1 Like

awesome!
i am very happy to hear about those plans <3

this is a feature we are planning to add to our portal (starting in 4-6 months).
i fear i might be a little late for contribution on my own but will ask if we can contribute in any other way.

How is the current state?
Looks like it is in beta on pypi
What is missing?

We use it in production on a couple of sites and it works fine. A new release with official support for 3.11 would be good though.

Added norwegian translation. The top menus (month, week) does not translate, but I guess that comes from core (since there are no entries in the po-files. [UPDATE: Checked Plone 5.2, yes, these translations are 'in core', not c.fullcalendar]

Would have been nice to have publication state (colors) in the calendar.

I see it is possible to set classname with something like
result["className"] = "state-{}".format(api.content.get_state(obj))

which gives css class:

fc-timegrid-event fc-v-event fc-event 
fc-event-draggable fc-event-resizable 
fc-event-start fc-event-end fc-event-future  
state-published

(and color with: result["color"] = 'red')

Should I add this? If so, is 'state-published' (etc) OK class name

UPDATE: The (added) CSS classes works great in Plone 5, so 'they get the right colors'. In Plone 6, 'nothing' gets the right colors, so it is probably missing in barceloneta (6) theme. In other words, all other views miss the colors, too

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

Done (I merged it too)

1 Like