I've got a Plone 5.1.5 site whose structure I'm attempting to export using the Export tab on the
portal_setup tool, selecting just step 8 "Content", and clicking "Export selected steps".
This ends up with a stack trace:
Traceback (innermost last): Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 138, in publish Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 77, in mapply Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 48, in call_object Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 645, in manage_exportSelectedSteps Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 1304, in _doRunExportSteps Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.content, line 36, in exportSiteStructure Module Products.CMFCore.exportimport.content, line 177, in export Module plone.dexterity.exportimport, line 84, in export Module plone.dexterity.exportimport, line 84, in export Module plone.dexterity.exportimport, line 84, in export Module plone.dexterity.exportimport, line 72, in export Module plone.dexterity.filerepresentation, line 121, in manage_FTPget Module plone.dexterity.filerepresentation, line 657, in encoding Module plone.memoize.instance, line 53, in memogetter Module plone.dexterity.filerepresentation, line 675, in _getMessage Module plone.rfc822._utils, line 34, in constructMessageFromSchemata Module plone.rfc822._utils, line 66, in constructMessage ValueError: Marshaler for field event_url did not return bytes
If I put in a breakpoint in plone.rfc822._utils and look at the
value that's being tested in lines 62 through 66, it is indeed not bytes but a Unicode string, namely
I'll start exploring other export approaches like
plone.importexport but just wanted to get this on developers' radar.