Aspiring GSoC 2023 participant

Hello everyone,
I am Shubham, a frontend developer from Bennett University, Greater Noida. I have a basic understanding and knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React.js, Express.js, MongoDB, Python, C++. But majorly, I am a fullstack developer. I came across Ritvik's post on how to begin project contributions and in lieu with that tried my hands on Volto's hands on training. Although, I was facing some issues with the same.
Who should be my point of contact for issues with installation? Do let me know at your earliest convenience.

Hi, Welcome to Plone community! What are the installation issues you are facing? For convenience, you can check out Plone and Volto installation docs Install — Plone Documentation v6.0

i was trying to do volto hands on training
so when i try to run docker command "docker run -p 8080:8080 -e SITE="Plone" -e plone/plone-backend:6.0.0b3"
its throwing an error
"docker run" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker run --help'.

Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]

Run a command in a new container

so what should i do ??

Hi,
You could try using yarn start for the frontend and for the back end you could use make start if you are going through the training. You can refer to Plone installation .

docker run -it --rm --name=plone -p 8080:8080 -e SITE=Plone -e PROFILES="plone.volto:default-homepage" plone/plone-backend:6.0.0b3

thanks it worked