I am a plone user, not programmer / developer.
I used to use plone 3 for my small site for blogging (build and learn follow others blog post / artical) ... by hack + mix and match with different products that free offer by kind person in this community. To be honestly I have no budget to hire someone for a custom site.
And since plone 5 I feel I am so difficult to keep going forward, most of the mix and match products is outdated and there is full of mysterious errors.
I want to say, as a user ... current plone missed...
- Easy theming system (for non programmer)
- Easy TTW view for TTW custom content type (clone of current type)
- Easy TTW page / layout builder for present the collections
- Easy TTW landing page builder (a better Mosaic)
- A 100% work form system (for latest plone)
- A new gallery system can plug and play for latest modern js galleries
- A new blog system that up to modern standard
and most importrant
- SEO fields (show another set of text to search engine) This is also affect the aesthetics of the site... I now put seo ba ba ba in description of my post for google and noway to take care the readers' feeling...
Sorry for my nonsense...