Addon to display catalog metadata of content object

Exists an addon which display an overview of the catalog indexed metadata (uid, and so on) in the classic ui interface for managers. I know, a simple view does the job, but i need this in some sites. if such addon exists, i don't do this job :wink:

Jan via Plone Community wrote at 2024-6-25 07:21 +0000:

Exists an addon which display an overview of the catalog indexed metadata (uid, and so on) in the classic ui interface for managers. I know, a simple view does the job, but i need this in some sites. if such addon exists, i don't do this job :wink:

You can get this via the "ZMI":
--> "portal_catalog" --> "Catalot" --> "Set filter" --> "select the object you are interested in".
It is not very straight forward but if it is required only occasionally....

It uses CatalogTool.manage_objectInformation. Thus, if
you must implement it yourself, you can find there some ideas.

Yes, i know. But i need this informations in the Plone Classic UI :wink: not in the ZMI

you can get the object catalog RID, and do a portal_catalog.getMetadataForRID(RID).items() and cicle over them.

I'm guessing that there is not such an add-on because it is too close to functionality of Collections shipped out of the box in Plone. If you configure a collection with table display, all metadata columns available for catalog brains should be available to choose from in the collection's configuration.

If it's for debugging purposes GitHub - plone/plone.app.debugtoolbar: Debug toolbar for Plone could be a solution.