A site having both Mosaic and plone.app.multilingual enabled

I'm trying to understand the implications for a site that has both plone.app.multilingual and Mosaic enabled.

So far the only thing I've run into is that the ++addtranslation++ view shows the non-Mosaic layout of a content item you would like to translate. That isn't a huge problem, since after you translate the body of a page or news item you can enable the Mosaic layout on the new translation then customize its layout (or choose a previously-saved layout) to match that of the original item.

Has anyone taken a stab at an ++addtranslation++ view that can handle Mosaic layouts?

Imho the only implication is that you don't have the two-column translation view (aka babelview) for mosaic pages. UI-wise I can't think of a sane way to make this work especially on a screen smaller that 40" :wink:

plone.app.multilingual only makes sure there is a pointer to a corresponding language version.

1 Like

Finally, an excuse to buy this! https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49--chg90-qled-gaming-monitor-lc49hg90dmnxza/

1 Like

We have this situation in a customer project where we use mosaic to create landing pages(not modify views on normal Documents/page or custom contenttypes) and use plone.app.multilingual.

To translate a landing page We just copy the whole content item with mosaic view, paste it in the relevant language root subfolder, edit the mosaic layout to translate all content and then use p.a.multilingual to connect the translated version to the 'source' language

1 Like

One solution is to use the cs.linguacopier tool; a Mosaic page made from a folder with all related content (like images) is easy to copy to other languages, and the process is less error-prone.