Der Freitag (a weekly German newspaper with a left-wing perspective) is looking for two full-time web developers to start as soon as possible - with solid knowledge of frontend technologies as well as Python.
Our main website www.freitag.de allows the publication and discussion of articles from our own authors as well as from community members. It is built with the Open Source CMS Plone (python). We also have a number of other websites built with the Open Source framework Django (python) like digital.freitag.de and podcast.freitag.de.
The development team uses agile methodologies to organize themselves. We strongly follow the Test-Driven Development methodology and use GitLab Continuous Integration to ensure the stability and quality of the system before deploying to production.
- be part of the ambitious development team, bringing your strengths and help to move our platform forward
- web/full stack developer
- desire to learn new technologies and make a difference
- experience with JS and python tooling (npm, webpack and pip, buildout)
- experience with responsive design, Foundation and SASS would be a plus
- experience with django and/or Plone will be big plus
- (optional) experience with Open Source projects/development
- high quality demands on yourself
- results-oriented way of working, strong motivation and commitment
- good communications and team working skills
- good to very good knowledge of German and English is required
- a team of motivated professionals supporting each other
- a full time job in a vibrant multidisciplinary team
- a bright and pleasant office in the heart of Berlin
- home office is also an option
- lots of flexibility to organize your working hours
We would love to hear from you! Reach us at email@example.com