Hi - another update on PLOG planning; the organizing team met yesterday and today.
Possible sprint topics
- Mosaic? Zope 4? (Jens)
- Philip will be at Innsbruck and will try to drum up interest
- Paul had some discussion topics he was interested in
- Victor will be at Bonn sprint & will find out who else will come to PLOG depending on work progress
- Nathan had some more ideas for the Headless CMS (will post that separately)
- Should Plone Foundation be more like an Apache Foundation, ie. an umbrella for multiple projects, like plone.server, Castle, Quaive
- Continue improving our onboarding materials, training, docs?
- Continue working on Plone.org
- add-ons listing
- theme gallery
- distributions page
- online "installers" (Heroku, etc.) page
- Improve Plone Foundation sponsorship outreach, retention, promotion processes
Plone marketing <-- gets people riled up every time
- Come get ideas for your local World Plone Day event
- Quaive agenda items for PLOG:
- Cutting a new open source release
- Factor out ploneintranet.themeswitcher into standalone plone.themeswitcher
- Can we use PLOG to discuss integrating Plone distributions back into the main Plone marketing/awareness efforts? Show synergy, dynamic ecosystem, code sharing. Marketing focus. Related to the new plone.org/roadmap
- Discussion of how to package Plone distributions in a commercially viable way?
Don't like any of these ideas? Suggest yours here!
We will have presentations in the morning, demos, rants & raves? (max: 2 talks per morning), e.g. share / test drive your World Plone Day presentation
To give out t-shirts we need t-shirt sponsors. Since shirts will be <10 euros each, for 40 attendees we need 4 companies to donate 50-100 euros each.
T-shirt design ideas? I am partial to a photo of @pbauer being troutslapped.
PLOG is family friendly! Tourism, social activities!
Get your own private beach elevator tour with Philip!
There are currently cheap flights within Europe... 150 euros only.
We will be inviting past attendees personally.