Volto Team Meeting Notes 2021-04-13

Volto Team Meeting Notes 2021-04-13

Attendees

  • Víctor
  • Timo
  • Alin
  • Alec
  • Tiberiu
  • Katja
  • Nicola

Meeting Notes

  • Volto 13
    • Seamless mode is ready
      • Production: accept header in nginx/apache
      • Development: middleware decides where to redirect the requests
      • Existing deployment will still work
      • Try it out in the demo site first (and on client projects)
      • Volto Documentation -> Victor / Tiberiu
    • We can sneak in some minor breaking changes (IDs and aria-labels)
    • We will make an Alpha release (will stay for a few days only)
    • Release expected in a few weeks
  • Pastanaga / Quanta update
    • Albert’s availability is limited these days due to personal reasons
    • We could get other UX-designers in to help us with open questions
    • We could grab certain pieces of Quanta and start to sneak them into Volto releases
  • Babel PR Babel view by giuliaghisini · Pull Request #1901 · plone/volto · GitHub (updating to master this week)
    • Victor will have a look at the PR
    • More reviews are welcome
  • Widgets set in backend story
    • Allow to set widgets on the backend so we do not have to override this on the frontend over and over again
    • We already did that for the JSON field
    • plone.autoform could be used (z3c.form widget class name)
    • plone.autoform hint might be the easiest way to go
    • kitconcept is are working on a custom controlpanel for a client project and ran into issues with form validation
    • Complex topic, good sprint topic
  • Working Copy Support (Iterate)
    • folderish pages and iterate are super hard
      • iterate copies the full object, that would be a problem for a page that has 10k subobjects
    • create a behavior with blocks and blocks_layout pages
      • downsides: images are added inside the original object
      • downsides: only one version would be possible
      • downsides: you want to change the title / metadata
  • Form Builder
  • Translation of Blocks-based pages
    • Baked in the Babel view, Babel view copies by default
    • kitconcept plans to work on that, RedTurtle did something (into babel view)
  • Copy/Cut/Move blocks
    • Quanta toolbar is a blocker
    • Blocks need to declare if they can’t be copied (title block shouldn’t be copied)
    • Good topic for a next micro-sprint
  • collective add-ons on npm
    • Search · topic:volto-addon org:collective · GitHub
    • using mrs.developer is not trivial
    • @collective is already taken on npm
    • we secured plone-collective and volto-collective and plone-community, volto-community and plonecms, voltocms
    • Victor will bring it to the board’s attention
  • SEO redirect
    • RedTurtle and kitconcept
  • Next Micro-sprint? - Eating our own food micro-sprint?
    • date: April 22th 2021
    • topics
      • Quanta toolbar
      • copy/cut/move blocks
    • we will record and publish the stand-up (15:00) and wrap-up (17:30) and stream it live on YouTube

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct