Volto component shadowing: warning when introducing new files in overridden folders

Am I doing it wrong or is this something that needs to be accounted for with component shadowing?

I'm doing a customization/component shadowing with Volto.
Everything works but during development it complains because my customization includes a file that doesn't exist in the original folder.

See the "warning" that I'm getting now

The file ...-frontend/src/customizations/components/theme/Footer/statebuilding.svg doesn't exist in the @plone/volto (...-frontend/node_modules/@plone/volto/src//components/theme/Footer/statebuilding.svg), unable to customize.
The file ...-frontend/src/customizations/components/theme/Footer/statebuilding.svg doesn't exist in the @plone/volto (...-frontend/node_modules/@plone/volto/src//components/theme/Footer/statebuilding.svg), unable to customize.

Adding a previous discussion on this, for context: Remove warning for "foreign" files in customization folders · Issue #2297 · plone/volto · GitHub

To be clear... adding a "foreign" file. Is it bad practice? If so, is there a recommended alternative?

As far as I'm concerned, your usage of those files is fine, the warning should not exist.

Perhaps a message like:

The following files do not shadow any of the original components. If this is intentional please ignore this message.
1 Like

AFAIK, in Volto 14 we removed the warning, unless you explicitly enable it.

Plone Foundation Code of Conduct