VHM, multiple Plone sites and acquisition

Hi all!

I have a question about vhm and acquisition...

I'm noticing that when hosting multiple plone instances in a single zope server that one plone instance can access another via acquisition.

If I have two domains, say example1.com and example2.com which each have a plone instance, say Plone1 and Plone2.

A request like http://example1.com/Plone2 will return the top of the Plone2 instance, even though apache is configure to rewrite/proxy to Plone1.

Looks like /Plone1/Plone2 works as a url because of acquisition.

Is there any way to stop this happening?

Thanks,
Neill

On Sep 13, 2014 11:26 AM, "neillc" community@plone.org wrote:

Looks like /Plone1/Plone2 works as a url because of acquisition.

Is there any way to stop this happening?

A rewrite rule in the frontend server, e.g. nginx, to send all requests with a Plone instance id in the path to the homepage.

And give the Plone instances random ids, e.g. with a timestamp appended, so that the rule won't accidentally match site content.

You will find an interesting discussion about this on plone-developers mailing list ("publishTraverse, acquisition and multiple urls for the same content").

For the site acquisition only problem you can also use collective.siteisolation.

You've the same problem with INavigationRoot, for example collective.lineage product has the same problem. Search engines are very good on catching this behaviour, so funny urls can appear for your site.