Unthemed theming page after following tutorial

Hello,

I'm very new to Plone, and web development in general, and tried to make some small changes to the main barcenoleta theme. I followed this tutorial, that I found:

I followed the instructions step by step, but not only did it not deliver the intended results, but now I have the problem, that my theming interface seems to be unthemed and looks like this:

This is true as well when I switch back to the original barceloneta theme and just inspect the theme, as well as when I create a new copy and start from scratch editing the theme TTW.

Also when I switch pages the barceloneta theme seems to take some seconds before it is rendered.

Maybe someone has any idea on how I could go about fixing this issue. Thanks in advance!

This is my configuration:

• Plone 5.0.6rc1 (5016)
  • CMF 2.2.10
  • Zope 2.13.24
  • Python 2.7.5 (default, Dec 4 2019, 17:34:13) [GCC 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-39.0.1)]
  • PIL 3.3.1 (Pillow)

Given that the referenced post is from 2015, you might have a better experience following the most up-to-date resource in Plone Trainings.

https://training.plone.org/5/ttw/ttw-advanced-2.html

I would also strongly recommend that you start with the latest Plone 5.2.x on Python 3.

That said, I'm eagerly awaiting Plone 6 with Volto, which is vastly easier to modify.